When your employees look to you for insurance products that will help provide financial security for their loved ones; you can confidently say you made the right choice when you chose The Standard. We offer a comprehensive line of flexible Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) plans that we can tailor to meet the needs of your workforce. Watch the video to see how we talk to employees about coverage that provides a death benefit to their families to help them meet financial obligations.
As a fundamental element of any benefits package, group Life insurance helps protect employees and their loved ones from financial hardships related to an untimely death.
AD&D insurance pays benefits in the event of loss of life, limb or sight due to an accident. Available as an optional benefit with our Group Life insurance or as a product sold separately, AD&D gives your employees added peace of mind.
Designed for the small business, Standard Select group Life insurance is available to companies with just two or more eligible employees. This plan includes AD&D coverage and the option for Dependents Life coverage. (Standard Select is not available in NY.)
Focus On Life Insurance
Life insurance has been at the core of our business for more than 100 years.
Partnership And Service
We're easy to reach when you need us – by phone, online and face-to-face. And most importantly, we provide your employees and their survivors the caring and responsive service they need in the event of a claim.
Our long-tenured specialists in underwriting, plan administration and claims management emphasize flexible plan design and rate stability.
Our plans offer a variety of features and provisions that make them attractive to you and your employees.
- Coverage is available up to a guarantee issue amount without an evidence of insurability requirement.
- A Waiver of Premium provision offers continued coverage for eligible employees with disabilities.
- An Accelerated Benefit, one of the highest in the industry, is automatically included with all group life insurance policies that have Waiver of Premium (Waiver of Premium is not required in New York).
- Portability is available for most industry groups, subject to state requirements.
- A Repatriation Benefit is automatically included with all group Life insurance policies outside of New York and on Accidental Death & Dismemberment in New York.
- Travel Assistance, which helps employees with medical care situations and other emergencies when they travel more than 100 miles from home or internationally, is automatically included.
- The Life Services Toolkit, also automatically included, connects employees with online resources, such will preparation and financial calculators, and provides Life insurance beneficiaries with counseling services for important matters in life. Able to connect by phone or in person, beneficiaries will have access to expert help and online resources when they may need it most.
- Standard Secure Access option allows beneficiaries to have benefits of $25,000 or more deposited into an interest-bearing checking account allowing quick access to funds (Standard Secure Access is not available in New York).
Education and Enrollment
Our products can help provide employees with the peace of mind that they're doing everything they can to protect themselves and their families. But the success of a benefits package hinges on the education and enrollment support behind it.
Targeted Enrollment Approach
The Standard will work with you to develop tailored enrollment strategies for your benefits program. The goal: An effective communication campaign that helps address your corporate culture and any enrollment problems you're looking to solve.
A comprehensive enrollment campaign features materials that help employees understand and better appreciate their benefits options:
- Customized enrollment campaign materials
- Personalized enrollment forms and booklets
- Online benefits education tools and materials
We can also provide:
- Integration with benefits administration platforms
- Online enrollment system and solutions
- Support for on-site benefits education
- Group meetings
- One-on-one enrollment
The Standard offers several easy-to-use methods to submit a claim. The quickest way to submit a claim or a notification of death is to log on to www.standard.com and follow the step-by-step interactive process.
Simplified administration (AdminEASESM) is what you'll experience when you select The Standard as your one partner for virtually all your employee benefit needs beyond the medical plan.
It all centers on our processes and administration systems. They make it easy for you to manage your benefits, reconcile bills and add or remove members.
Billing is also simplified. With one bill you can make one payment for Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity.
Plus, you'll have the convenience of online features, including:
- Bill payment
- Member maintenance
- Policy documents
- Life and Disability medical evidence and claims reports
- Employer disability claim statement
- Claims submission1
1 Not available for Dental or Vision insurance.