Shayna beat cancer, but there were many costs she didn't expect. Beyond her medical plan’s coinsurance for chemotherapy treatments and copays for doctor appointments, she purchased hair prosthetics, had to pay for travel to specialists, and underwent alternative treatments that she felt helped her. What's more, her husband missed work to help care for her. Fortunately, she had Critical Illness insurance coverage, which helped provide an essential buffer for her family's finances while she was being treated.
Shayna used her insurance benefit to help pay for:
- Medical insurance deductible
- Out-of-pocket expenses for six months
- Alternative treatments and diets not covered by her medical plan
- Transportation to medical appointments and treatments
- Lodging near treatment facility
- Husband's lost wages
*Example is for illustrative purposes. Eligibility for benefits and amounts shown in this example may vary from any policy your employer may offer and may vary based upon your individual circumstances, policy definitions, waiting periods, exclusions and limitations.