Newly Hired Educators
You got the job - congratulations!
Choose the option below that best describes you for most relevant information.
I am a brand new1 educator or ESP this school year and...
- I am not a CTA member yet - click here
- I became a CTA member within the first 90 days on the job - click here
- I became a CTA member after 90 days on the job - click here
I am a district transfer (new to my district) and...
- I had coverage with The Standard at my prior district - click here
- I don't have coverage with The Standard - click here
- I am unsure if I had coverage with The Standard at my prior district - click here
Why Choose CTA-endorsed Coverage
Whether you are a brand new hire or a district transfer, through your CTA membership you may have a limited-time opportunity to help protect your paycheck and loved ones with CTA-endorsed Disability and Life insurance coverage from The Standard. Watch this video to find out why you can be confident in choosing CTA-endorsed plans.
Take advantage of your special enrollment opportunity as a newly hired CTA member.
Brand New is defined as an educator or education support professional who has not previously worked in education in the state of California.
For costs and further details of the coverage offered by Standard Insurance Company, including the exclusions, any reductions, benefit waiting periods or limitations and terms under which the policy may be continued in force, please view the sample Disability Insurance Certificate and Summary Plan Description for educators or Life Insurance Certificate and Summary Plan Description.
Text [node:field-text-code] to 74050 to sign up for text reminders about your enrollment.*
Meet with The Standard
Ask questions or get help applying in an individual virtual appointment.
Calculate Your Needs
We are here to help from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday through Friday