Group Life insurance is often the foundation of an employee benefits plan, offering protection for employees and their families in the event of death or other unfortunate events.
We offer a comprehensive line of flexible Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) plans that we can tailor to meet your clients' diverse needs. As a national leader in group life insurance, you can count on us to offer a high-quality product with competitive employee and family-oriented features and caring service that your clients will appreciate.
The need for life insurance often extends beyond basic coverage. Offered as an option with our group Life, The Standard's Additional Life insurance allows insured employees to purchase added group term life insurance at competitive group rates. The schedule of benefits, evidence of insurability, and participation requirements can be tailored to meet employers' specific needs.
The Standard offers Dependents Life insurance as an option with our group Life insurance coverage. Insured employees may purchase life insurance coverage for their eligible dependents at group insurance rates.
- Coverage is available for spouses.
- Coverage is available for eligible children.
The Standard offers Voluntary Life insurance at competitive group rates with a variety of plan options available. While Voluntary insurance is endorsed by the employer, employees pay 100 percent of the premiums through convenient payroll deductions.
Our plans offer a variety of features and provisions that make them attractive to your clients and their employees.
- Coverage is available up to a guarantee issue amount without an evidence of insurability requirement.
- A Waiver of Premium provision offers continued coverage for eligible employees with disabilities.
- An Accelerated Benefit, one of the highest in the industry, is automatically included with all group life insurance policies that have Waiver of Premium (Waiver of Premium is not required in New York).
- Portability is available for most industry groups, subject to state requirements.
- A Repatriation Benefit is automatically included with all group Life insurance policies outside of New York and on Accidental Death & Dismemberment in New York.
- Travel Assistance, which helps employees with medical care situations and other emergencies when they travel more than 100 miles from home or internationally, is automatically included.
- The Life Services Toolkit, also automatically included, connects employees with online resources, such will preparation and financial calculators, and provides Life insurance beneficiaries with counseling services for important matters in life. Able to connect by phone or in person, beneficiaries will have access to expert help and online resources when they may need it most.
- Standard Secure Access option allows beneficiaries to have benefits of $25,000 or more deposited into an interest-bearing checking account allowing quick access to funds (Standard Secure Access is not available in New York).
Education and Enrollment
Our products can help provide employees with the peace of mind that they're doing everything they can to protect themselves and their families. But the success of a benefits package hinges on the education and enrollment support behind it.
Targeted Enrollment Approach
The Standard will work with you to develop tailored enrollment strategies for your benefits program. The goal: An effective communication campaign that helps address corporate culture and any enrollment problems you're looking to solve.
A comprehensive enrollment campaign features materials that help employees understand and better appreciate their benefits options:
- Customized enrollment campaign materials
- Personalized enrollment forms and booklets
- Online benefits education tools and materials
We can also provide:
- Integration with benefits administration platforms
- Online enrollment system and solutions
- Support for on-site benefits education
- Group meetings
- One-on-one enrollment
The Standard offers several easy-to-use methods to submit a claim. The quickest way to submit a claim or a notification of death is to log on to www.standard.com and follow the step-by-step interactive process.
Simplified administration is what you'll experience when you select The Standard as your one partner for virtually all your employee benefit needs beyond the medical plan.
It all centers on our processes and administration systems. They make it easy for employers to manage benefits, reconcile bills and add or remove members.
Billing is also simplified. With one bill employers can make one payment for Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity.
Plus, there's the convenience of online features, including:
- Bill payment
- Member maintenance
- Policy documents
- Life and Disability medical evidence and claims reports
- Employer disability claim statement
- Claims submission1
1 Not available for Dental or Vision insurance.