With Hurricane Irma impacting customers in Florida and neighboring states and Hurricane Harvey continuing to impact our customers in Texas, we recognize that many people may be struggling to cope.
We’re taking immediate actions to ensure that our customers and their employees are supported and covered.
For Our Customers
The Standard is modifying some of its operating procedures to give our customers the time they need to recover. As a result, the following changes are effective immediately:
- No lapse notices will be issued to affected customers: We will not issue any lapse notices for at least the next 60 days. We'll also work with our customers to extend the typical grace period for payment when appropriate.
- Additional claims administration support: We'll partner with our customers to help administer their claims. The Standard will help affected customers by extending dates for back-up documentation and create special payment arrangements as necessary.
- Onsite Trauma Support: Our Employee Assistance partner, Morneau Shepell, is providing onsite trauma support services for both EAP and non-EAP customers (at the EAP rate). If you would like to learn more about this service, contact your account manager at the number below or Morneau Shepell directly at 888.293.6948.
For help contacting your account manager, call 800.633.8575.
We want to do everything we can to help make sure you receive your claim payment as quickly as possible, even if services are disrupted in your area. We also want to remind you of additional resources available to you and your family that can help you through this event. Here’s what we’re doing:
- Paying claims: We will work with customers who need our help by using alternate payment methods until disaster-related interruptions to postal and other services are resolved.
- Providing additional support services: Your group benefits from The Standard may include these helpful services: Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocacy Solutions, Travel Assistance and our Life Services Toolkit.
You can receive help accessing your EAP services by calling 888.293.6948.
Crisis Support Line Now Open
We know our customers — and our communities — are in need of additional emotional support during this time so we’ve launched a Crisis Support Line to help them. It’s available to anyone who needs professional emotional support and/or a referral to community resources.
The Crisis Support Line is open 24/7 and can be reached by calling 877.757.7587.
We're Here to Help You Focus On What Matters Most
We want you to know that The Standard cares about helping you recover from this unprecedented event. That’s why we’re here — to give you the peace of mind that you're covered.