OEBB provides you the opportunity to apply for Life and AD&D insurance, which can help protect your loved ones in the event of your death. Since everyone's needs are different, you can select an amount of protection you feel will best meet the needs of your family. You should check with your human resources representative to determine the specific plans you are eligible for. Then use the Needs Estimator to determine the amount of coverage you should apply for. Before enrolling at MyOEBB, please review the following product brochures and plan specific Coverage Highlights for answers to commonly asked questions, costs, exclusions, limitations and reductions.
Designed to respond to most medical care situations and many other emergencies you and your family experience when you travel 100 miles or more from your home, Travel Assistance provides a wide-ranging program of information, referral, coordination and assistance services. These services include pre-trip assistance, medical assistance, emergency transportation, travel and technical assistance, legal services and medical supplies. Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year whether you are 100 or 10,000 miles from home. Simply print out and carry the Travel Assistance Card. See the Travel Assistance brochure for more detailed information.
Life Services Toolkit
OEBB members and their beneficiaries have access to a tool to address important life matters via The Standard's Life Services Toolkit. The Standard has partnered with Bensinger, DuPont & Associates (BDA) to offer a lineup of additional services that can make a difference now and in the future.
As a participant, you will have access to services to help you now:
- Estate Planning Assistance: Online tools, found in the Legal Forms section, walk you through the steps to prepare a will and create other documents, such as living wills, powers of attorney and health care agent forms.
- Financial Planning: Consult online services to help you manage debt, calculate mortgage and loan payments, and take care of other financial matters with confidence.
- Health and Wellness: Timely articles about nutrition, stress management and wellness help employees and their families lead healthy lives.
- Identity Theft Prevention: Check the website for ways to thwart identity thieves and resolve issues if identity theft occurs.
- Funeral Arrangements: Use the website to calculate funeral costs, find funeral-related services and make decisions about funeral arrangements in advance.
Your beneficiaries will have access to supportive services that will help them cope after a loss:
- Grief Support: Clinicians with master's degrees are on call to provide confidential grief sessions by phone or in person. Beneficiaries are eligible for up to six face-to-face sessions and unlimited phone contact.
- Legal Services: Beneficiaries can obtain legal assistance from experienced attorneys. They can:
- Schedule an initial 30-minute office and a telephone consultation with a network attorney. Beneficiaries who wish to retain a participating attorney after the initial consultation receive a 25 percent rate reduction from the attorney's normal hourly or fixed fee rates.
- Obtain an estate-planning package that consists of a simple will, a living will, a health care agent form and a durable power of attorney.
- Financial Assistance: Beneficiaries have unlimited phone access to financial counselors who can help with issues such as budgeting strategies, and credit and debt management, including hour-long sessions on topics requiring more in-depth discussion.
- Support Services: During an emotional time, beneficiaries can receive help planning a funeral or memorial service. Work-life advisors can guide them to resources to help manage household repairs and chores; find child care and elder care providers; or organize a move or relocation.
- Online Resources: Beneficiaries can easily access additional services and features on the Life Services Toolkit website for beneficiaries, including online resources to calculate funeral costs, find funeral-related services and make decisions about funeral arrangements.
More details on how to access these services are on the Life Services Toolkit Flyer.