State of California

Group Long Term Disability Insurance for Excluded Employees

State of California offers excluded employees the opportunity to apply for Group Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance through Standard Insurance Company at group rates. As a leading provider of employee benefits products and services, The Standard has the expertise and experience required to be there for you when you need us most.

If you can't work, LTD insurance can help safeguard the life you love and the people who matter most. Learn more about the Key Features of the Group LTD Plan.

Enrollment 2021 Couple in library family hiking in the gorge Man in the rain

Group LTD Open Enrollment is September 20 through October 15, 2021  

Enrolling is easy!

Over half of Americans are financially unprepared for a period of disability. 52% of adult Americans have no savings earmarked for emergencies. 1

Learn more about disability insurance

Less than 5% of disabling accidents and illnesses are work related. The other 95% are not, meaning Workers Compensation doesn't cover them. 2

Learn more about disability insurance

More than 25% of today's 20-year-olds will become disabled during their career. 3

Learn more about disability insurance
 
 
 

Key features of the plan



Plan options to fit your needs.

Learn more about key features of the plan

Long Term Disability



Are you prepared for a disability?

Learn more about disability insurance

Protect your income



2021 Open Enrollment

Learn more about enrollment

 

 

 
1 U.S. Federal Reserve Board, Report on the Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households in 2016, May 2017

2 Council for Disability Awareness, Long Term Disability Claims Review, 2013

3 U.S. Social Security Administration, Facts. ssa.gov/disabilityfacts/facts.html. Accessed June 2, 2017



Top

Needs Estimator
LTD Needs Estimator icon


Premium Calculator
LTD Premium Calculator icon


Enroll Now
Enroll Now icon

Privacy Policy
Privacy Policy icon


Contact Us
Contact Us icon
If you have questions regarding your LTD coverage, you may contact your dedicated account specialist by email or phone:

Email: socltdforms@standard.com

Direct Customer Service Line: 971.321.8150

Toll-Free Customer Service Line: 888.641.7193

Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

Our mailing address is:
National Accounts Services SOC Team
Standard Insurance Company
900 SW 5th Ave
Portland, OR 97204-9805

Our Claims mailing address is:
Employee Benefits Department
Standard Insurance Company
PO Box 2800
Portland, OR 97208-2800