The Standard's Short Term Disability (STD) insurance plans are designed to provide coverage for total or partial disabilities resulting from physical disease, injury, pregnancy, or mental disorder. STD insurance offers an attractive option for employers who wish to supplement a sick leave benefit program. The Standard's group STD insurance provides a variety of plan options to serve your clients' specific needs.
Key features of Group Short Term Disability insurance with The Standard include:
- Flexible benefit percentages: 40 to 70 percent of predisability earnings
- Maximum benefit amount of up to $5,000 per week
- Choice of maximum benefit periods: between three and 52 weeks
- Choice of benefit waiting periods for accidental injuries: between zero and 31 days
- Choice of benefit waiting periods for sickness or pregnancy: between three and 120 days
- Choice of non-occupational or 24-hour coverage
- First day hospital benefit and daily hospital benefit options available
- Employer FICA payment and W-2 tax reporting service available
- Partial disability included from day one
- No pre-existing condition limitation with most plans
- Self-funding options for groups of over 250 insured lives that have LTD coverage with The Standard
The Standard's insured New Jersey Temporary Disability Benefits (TDB) plans cover disabilities from off-the-job sickness, accidental injury, pregnancy, or mental disorder for an employer's New Jersey based employees.
New York Disability Benefits Law (DBL) plans from The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York pay a weekly benefit to an employer's New York-based employees who are temporarily disabled by an off-the-job accidental injury or a sickness. DBL plan designs that allow employers to meet New York State minimum requirements for coverage or to offer their employees enhanced benefits, such as a higher weekly maximum benefit, are also available.
Benefits Of Choosing The Standard For Your DBL Needs
- Flexible benefit percentages, from the state-mandated 50 percent of an employee's average weekly wages up to 100 percent
- Choice of maximum weekly benefit: from the mandatory $170 up to $5,000
- Coordination with New York State on filing notices and reporting
- Choice of maximum benefit duration: 26, 39 or 52 weeks
- Representation for employers on appeals and at hearings, as necessary
- Variable benefit waiting periods for sickness and injury.
Education and Enrollment
Our products can help provide employees with the peace of mind that they're doing everything they can to protect themselves and their families. But the success of a benefits package hinges on the education and enrollment support behind it.
Targeted Enrollment Approach
The Standard will work with you to develop tailored enrollment strategies for your benefits program. The goal: An effective communication campaign that helps address corporate culture and any enrollment problems you're looking to solve.
A comprehensive enrollment campaign features materials that help employees understand and better appreciate their benefits options:
- Customized enrollment campaign materials
- Personalized enrollment forms and booklets
- Online benefits education tools and materials
We can also provide:
- Integration with benefits administration platforms
- Online enrollment system and solutions
- Support for on-site benefits education
- Group meetings
- One-on-one enrollment
The Standard offers several easy-to-use methods to submit a claim. The quickest way to submit a claim or a notification of death is to log on to www.standard.com and follow the step-by-step interactive process.
Simplified administration is what you'll experience when you select The Standard as your one partner for virtually all your employee benefit needs beyond the medical plan.
It all centers on our processes and administration systems. They make it easy for employers to manage benefits, reconcile bills and add or remove members.
Billing is also simplified. With one bill employers can make one payment for Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity.
Plus, there's the convenience of online features, including:
- Bill payment
- Member maintenance
- Policy documents
- Life and Disability medical evidence and claims reports
- Employer disability claim statement
- Claims submission1
1 Not available for Dental or Vision insurance.