Help Is Just a Phone Call Away
The Standard includes Travel Assistance with all of our Group Life insurance policies.
This value-added benefit provides an additional sense of security for your clients' employees and their eligible family members any time they travel more than 100 miles from home or international travel for trips up to 180 days.
A single phone call provides access to a full range of medical, legal and trip assistance services.
Wherever your clients' employees' travels may take them, Travel Assistance provides security 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Key Services of Travel Assistance
- Pre-Trip Assistance: passport, visa, weather and currency exchange information, health hazards advice and inoculation requirements
- Trip Assistance: emergency ticketing, credit card and passport replacement, funds transfer and locating missing baggage
- Medical Assistance: locating medical care providers and interpreter services
- Legal Assistance: legal referrals, consular officer or bail bond services
- 24-Hour Health Information: 24/7/365 access to registered nurses who can provide health and medication information, symptom decision support, and help understanding treatment options
- Emergency Transportation Services1: emergency evacuation to the nearest adequate medical facility and medically necessary repatriation to the employee’s home, including repatriation of remains
- Companion Transportation Services: returning travel companion if return travel is disrupted due to emergency transportation services2 or returning dependent children if left unattended due to prolonged hospitalization
- Personal Security: logistical arrangements for ground transportation, housing and/or evacuation in the event of political unrest and social instability
Your clients and their employees will always travel securely with Travel Assistance.
1 Must be arranged by UnitedHealthcare Global. Related medical services, medical supplies and a medical escort are covered where applicable and necessary.
2 Not available to Oregon residents.