Group Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance with The Standard provides a monthly benefit to eligible employees who are partially or totally disabled due to a covered physical disease, injury, pregnancy, or mental disorder. We offer competitive product features and work with you to ensure that each plan meets your clients' employee benefits package requirements. In order to deliver on our promise to provide for eligible employees during their time of need, we have dedicated a team of claims management professionals to assure superior service to you as well as your clients and their employees.
Key features of Group Long Term Disability insurance with The Standard include:
- Flexible benefit percentages: 30 to 70 percent of predisability earnings
- Maximum benefit amount of up to $25,000 per month (may vary with demographics and industry)
- Choice of benefit waiting periods: as low as 0/3 for some specialty voluntary plans; more common choices include 30, 60, 90, or 180 days, one or two years
- Definitions of disability covering own occupation, any occupation and partial disability from day one
- Variable plan designs: one-year, two-year, three-year, five-year, to SSNRA, and to age 65 own occupation periods
- Employee Assistance Program included for groups with 10 to 2,499 covered lives
- Innovative Workplace PossibilitiesSM program that encourages and supports disabled employees in returning to work
- Reasonable accommodation expense provision that may reimburse employers for up to $25,000 for worksite modifications made on behalf of a disabled employee
- Rehabilitation plan incentives including training, education, family care, job-related, and job search expenses as well as the opportunity for an additional 10% benefit for claimants in an approved rehabilitation program
- Family care expense option available
- LTD "buy-up" plans that allow employees to supplement their employer’s LTD plan from The Standard
- Workplace PossibilitiesSM Program
- Absence Management
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocacy Solution
Education and Enrollment
Our products can help provide employees with the peace of mind that they're doing everything they can to protect themselves and their families. But the success of a benefits package hinges on the education and enrollment support behind it.
Targeted Enrollment Approach
The Standard will work with you to develop tailored enrollment strategies for your benefits program. The goal: An effective communication campaign that helps address corporate culture and any enrollment problems you're looking to solve.
A comprehensive enrollment campaign features materials that help employees understand and better appreciate their benefits options:
- Customized enrollment campaign materials
- Personalized enrollment forms and booklets
- Online benefits education tools and materials
We can also provide:
- Integration with benefits administration platforms
- Online enrollment system and solutions
- Support for on-site benefits education
- Group meetings
- One-on-one enrollment
The Standard offers several easy-to-use methods to submit a claim. The quickest way to submit a claim or a notification of death is to log on to www.standard.com and follow the step-by-step interactive process.
Simplified administration is what you'll experience when you select The Standard as your one partner for virtually all your employee benefit needs beyond the medical plan.
It all centers on our processes and administration systems. They make it easy for employers to manage benefits, reconcile bills and add or remove members.
Billing is also simplified. With one bill employers can make one payment for Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity.
Plus, there's the convenience of online features, including:
- Bill payment
- Member maintenance
- Policy documents
- Life and Disability medical evidence and claims reports
- Employer disability claim statement
- Claims submission1
1 Not available for Dental or Vision insurance.