A Deferred Annuity With Competitive Rates And A Choice Of Guarantees
The Focused Growth Annuity is a single-premium, deferred annuity offering a robust set of client-friendly features plus a market-value adjustment feature, which optimizes the growth potential of your client’s savings.
Choice Of Rate Guarantees
The series offers a choice of a five-, six-, seven- or ten-year interest rate guarantee period, which secures the crediting rate for that duration. At the end of the guarantee period, your client benefits from competitive renewal rates based on the current interest-rate environment and current market conditions.
Surrender Periods With Flexible Withdrawal Options
Surrender-charge periods match the rate guarantee periods on the FGA 5, FGA 6 and FGA 7; the FGA 10 has a nine-year surrender-charge period. The contract offers a variety of ways for your client to access funds before the end of the surrender-charge period without paying a surrender charge. In addition, there is no window at the end of the surrender-charge period, during which time owners are generally required to make a decision prior to a restart of surrender charges.
The Focused Growth Annuity is designed for those long-term investors who want to add safety, tax savings in their retirement strategies.
This annuity is also an excellent way to enhance your client’s retirement-savings plan and can be used to fund 403(b) TSAs, IRAs and SEPs.
- Focused Growth Annuity 5
- 5-Year Rate Guarantee
- 5-Year Market Value Adjustment Period
- 5-Year Surrender-Charge Period (8%, 7%, 6%, 5%, 4%)
- Focused Growth Annuity 6
- 6-Year Rate Guarantee
- 6-Year Market Value Adjustment Period
- 6-Year Surrender-Charge Period (8%, 7%, 6%, 5%, 4%, 3%)
- Focused Growth Annuity 7
- 7-Year Rate Guarantee
- 7-Year Market Value Adjustment Period
- 7-Year Surrender-Charge Period (8%, 7%, 6%, 5%, 4%, 3%, 2%)
- Focused Growth Annuity 10
- 10-Year Rate Guarantee
- 10-Year Market Value Adjustment Period
- 9-Year Surrender-Charge Period (8%, 7%, 6%, 5%, 4%, 3%, 2%, 1%, 0.9%)
- $15,000 to $1,000,000 initial premium (higher amounts may be permitted with prior home-office approval)
- Additional Premium Accepted in First 90 Days
- 45-Day Rate Lock
- Issue age
- FGA 5 issues to age 931
- FGA 6 & 7 issues to age 90
- FGA 10 issues to age 80
- No Automatic Surrender Reset
- Surrender-Charge-Free (and MVA-Free) Withdrawal Options
- Payments of Interest Earnings (beginning immediately)
- Nursing Home Waiver
- Terminal Condition Waiver
- Death Benefit
- IRS Required Minimum Distributions
- No Annual Contract Fees
1. The purchase of the annuity for those age 91-93 must be for transfer-of-wealth or estate-planning purposes.
Market Value Adjustment
The MVA is a key design feature that helps optimize the growth potential of the contract over the long term. The presence of an MVA helps protect the insurance company and thus allows for optimized crediting rates.
45-Day Rate Lock
A rate lock allows 45 days from the time a request for a rollover, transfer or exchange is received in the home office. If funds are received within the 45-day window, your client will receive either the held rate or the current rate, whichever is greater.
No Surrender Reset
Your client will be spared the hassle of the typical 30- or 60-day window at the end of the surrender-charge period.
- Focused Growth Annuity 7 Specimen Contract — Generic (PDF; 1.1 MB)
- Focused Growth Annuity 10 Specimen Contract — Generic (PDF; 1.1 MB)
- Focused Growth Annuity 5 Specimen Contract — MN, MO, NJ, TX, WA Specific (PDF; 866 KB)
- Focused Growth Annuity 6 Specimen Contract — IL Specific (PDF; 752 KB)
- Focused Growth Annuity 10 Specimen Contract — MN, MO, NJ, TX, WA Specific (PDF; 658 KB)
- Focused Growth Annuity 5 Specimen Contract — CA Specific (PDF; 127 KB)
- Focused Growth Annuity 10 Specimen Contract — CA Specific (PDF; 127 KB)