Annuities for Foreign National Clients

December 2, 2019
Annuities for Foreign National Clients

Do you have clients who are foreign nationals working for a U.S. company? The Standard offers them a unique opportunity to purchase our annuities.


  • Have a U.S. address and a U.S. Tax Identification Number
  • Fund the annuity with U.S. money
  • Submit a paper application signed in the United States. The agent must also have a license in the state where the application is signed.
  • Provide IRS form W-8BEN Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting. Submit the form with the new business paper application and update it every three years that the policy remains in-force.

Few taxable investments can compete with the blend of safety, growth and flexibility provided by an annuity. Even in a low interest-rate environment, an annuity’s compounded growth and strong guarantees can grow your savings faster than you may think.


Client-Friendly Flyer

Download this flyer for your clients who are foreign nationals.

Sales Concept Flyer

Foreign National Requirements


Annuities are not (a) insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, (b) deposits of or guaranteed by any bank or credit union and (c) a provision or condition of any bank or credit union activity. Some annuities are subject to investment risk and may lose value. A surrender charge may apply during the surrender period, and a 10% penalty may apply to withdrawals prior to age 59½.


Sales Ideas