The Standard is a marketing name for Standard Insurance Company (Portland, Oregon), licensed in all states except New York. Products and availability vary by state and are solely the responsibility of Standard Insurance Company.
10 Reasons to Buy a Fixed Annuity
Do you know the top 10 reasons consumers are buying fixed annuities? For investors who want to build and protect their assets, annuities are a great option. There are a lot of great reasons to buy a fixed annuity. These are the most common:
1) Multiple Guarantees
- Principal and Interest rate guarantees
- Income guaranteed for as long as you choose: a certain period or for life
- Ensure your surviving spouse has a continuing income
- Can provide money in case of a catastrophic illness or if you (or your spouse) need to enter a nursing home1
- Flexible access to your funds with a variety of surrender-free withdrawal options
4) No Sales Charges
- 100% of your premium can earn interest
5) Tax Deferral
- Your earnings will not be taxed until you make withdrawals or start taking regular distributions
- Benefit from triple-compounding: earning interest on principal, interest on interest, and interest on what you would have paid to taxes
- Ability to choose a predictable income stream
- Lifetime Income options: payments guaranteed to continue for as long as you live
- Multi-year rate guarantee products
- Variety of contribution and payout options
- Long-term savings plan for future income stream
- Principal protection: Deferred index annuities never lose value in a “bad” year, while capturing some growth in a “good” year
- Deferred index annuities are able to have credited interest tied to an index, such as the S&P 500®, without downside risk
- Supplement your retirement income
10) Estate Planning
- Proceeds are paid directly to your named beneficiary
- May avoid the delay and expense of probate
Sales and Marketing Toolkit
Download these flyers and customize on your own desktop.
|Sales Concept Flyer|
Top Ten Reasons to Buy a Fixed Annuity
What Is the Cost of Waiting?
1 Entering a nursing home by surrendering all or a portion of your deferred annuity or by annuitizing your annuity to a pay-out annuity.
Annuities are not (a) insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, (b) deposits of or guaranteed by any bank or credit union and (c) a provision or condition of any bank or credit union activity. Some annuities are subject to investment risk and may lose value. A surrender charge may apply during the surrender period, and a 10% penalty may apply to withdrawals prior to age 59½.
You are leaving Standard.com to visit a website hosted by ImagiSOFT, our partner for illustration software.
You can currently run Index Select Annuity and Focused Growth Annuity illustrations. For CA versions, other products or SPIA illustrations, please call 800.378.4578.
If you are unaffiliated with a distributor, our general product training code is: SIC200
Your product training code is: