Helping To Keep Your Employees Smiling
With years of experience in the dental insurance arena, The Standard is well equipped to meet your dental insurance needs. For both employer and employee-paid Group Dental insurance policies, we provide a complete line of flexible plans, allowing us to tailor coverage that balances affordability and quality care for employees.
Our Group Dental products provide a choice of plan designs and provisions ranging from traditional indemnity to voluntary, we work with employers to create dental plans that suit their requirements.
Features Designed With You In Mind
- Dental consultants help lower costs to employers by evaluating the necessity of dental procedures and their appropriate costs
- Visiting Participating Provider Organization (PPO) member dentists, where available, can often reduce employees' out-of-pocket expenses for dental procedures
- Low participation requirements are offered for select voluntary (employee-paid) plans
- State-of-the-art claims processing system automatically processes two-thirds of claims received electronically speeding payments
- Complete COBRA administration is available to free you from administration headaches
With The Standard's Group Dental insurance policies, everyone wins.
Your employees can visit member dentists through our Participating Provider Organization (PPO), where available. This will often reduce their out-of-pocket expenses for dental procedures.
You will benefit from the expertise of our dental consultants, who evaluate the necessity of dental procedures and their appropriate costs. In addition, our advanced claims system verifies employee eligibility for benefits so that they receive benefits only for procedures for which they qualify.
A Quick Summary Of Our Plans
Optima CareSM Dental PlanA traditional indemnity plan ideally suited for the employer seeking maximum plan flexibility. To that end, Optima Care offers variable claim allowances, deductibles, coinsurance choices and plan maximums.
Banner Dental CareSM PlanA lower cost alternative to Optima Care Dental, it includes the most frequently used dental benefits that employers can further enhance with additional options.
Voluntary Dental CareSM PlanVoluntary coverage for an employer that wants to offer group dental coverage to employees without much, if any, cost to the employer.
Preferred CareSM Dental PlanThe Participating Provider Organization (PPO) plan is ideal for the employer who wants a choice of flexible plan designs that also provide employees with an incentive for using participating dental providers.
High/Low Optima CareSM Dental PlanA plan for an employer interested in balancing cost concerns with a choice of coverage levels that meet the financial needs of individual employees.
The Standard SelectSM Group Dental PlanAvailable to small businesses with two or more eligible employees, it includes three plan designs, all with access to a nationwide PPO network, the option for Dependents Dental coverage and the option for Eye Care and/or Orthodontia coverage.
PolicyLinkSM Dental + Vision Plan
Designed specifically for small businesses, our PolicyLinkSM Dental + Vision Plan allows you to increase your benefits without significantly increasing your budget. Choose one of The Standard's Dental plans1 and combine it with our cost-effective Balanced Care VisionSM Plan III.
A Flexible Approach
Dental and Vision benefits share one plan maximum, with a specific portion allocated to Vision. This enables your employees to take a flexible approach to managing their care, with the option to apply unused Vision benefits towards Dental care.
- Combined plan maximum
- Access to one of the largest dental networks in the nation and an unlimited choice of vision providers
- Single-carrier coverage allows faster claims processing and simpler statements
- Administration is streamlined: one certificate, one enrollment form, one payroll slot and one bill to manage
Learn more about Balanced Care Vision Plan III.
Also see our PolicyLink Dental + Vision Plan brochure.
1 Only certain Dental plans can be used for PolicyLink. The Dental portion of this plan must have Type 1, 2 or 3 coverage without limitation (internal max) on Type 3 procedures. Enrollment in the plan requires enrolling in both products. This product is not available with Standard Select or in the state of Washington.