A Safety Net for Critical Illness Diagnoses
Help employees protect their financial health. A major illness can be a devastating diagnosis — especially when the copays start to add up. Critical Illness1 insurance from The Standard protects employees and their families from the financial implications of a catastrophic illness. Watch the video that helps employees to understand how coverage complements medical insurance to pay a lump-sum cash benefit for diagnosis of a covered illness.
Here's How It Works
Policies pay a benefit regardless of other insurance coverage.
For more information about Critical Illness insurance, contact your insurance advisor or the Employee Benefits Sales and Service Office for your area at 800.633.8575.
1 Product not available in all states. Critical Illness insurance is called Specified Disease insurance in the states of New York and Vermont.
Identify the Plan Design Best-suited for Employees
- Choose from three tiers of benefits — Select, Enhanced or Premier.
Protection for Childhood Diseases Is Standard
Critical Illness insurance from The Standard will cover employees’ children at no additional cost. Children are protected against all the conditions their parents are, plus 21 additional childhood diseases.
Opt for Added Features and Benefits
- Health Screening and Maintenance: Employees and covered family members will receive $50, $75 or $100 payouts for proactively maintaining their health. This benefit provides annual payouts for covered wellness exam screenings, such as mammograms, lipid panels and colonoscopies.
- Recurrence: The diagnosis of a recurring illness is payable at 25 percent of the original benefit amount after a treatment-free period of 12 months.
- Lodging and Transportation: These two benefits provide additional payouts if a covered employee or family member needs treatment more than 100 miles from home and incurs expenses related to transportation and/or lodging.
Education and Enrollment
Voluntary products can help provide employees with the peace of mind that they're doing everything they can to protect themselves and their families. But the success of a voluntary benefits package hinges on the education and enrollment support behind it.
Targeted Enrollment Approach
The Standard will work with you to develop tailored enrollment strategies for your voluntary program. The goal: An effective communication campaign that helps address your corporate culture and any enrollment problems you're looking to solve.
A comprehensive enrollment campaign features materials that help employees understand and better appreciate their benefits options:
- Customized enrollment campaign materials
- Personalized enrollment forms and booklets
- Online benefits education tools and materials
We can also provide:
- Integration with benefits administration platforms
- Online enrollment system and solutions
- Support for on-site benefits education
- Group meetings
- One-on-one enrollment
The Standard offers several easy-to-use methods to submit a claim. The quickest way to submit a claim or a notification of death is to log on to www.standard.com and follow the step-by-step interactive process.
Simplified administration is what you'll experience when you select The Standard as your one partner for virtually all your employee benefit needs beyond the medical plan.
It all centers on our processes and administration systems. They make it easy for you to manage your benefits, reconcile bills and add or remove members.
Billing is also simplified. With one bill you can make one payment for Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity.
Plus, you'll have the convenience of online features, including:
- Bill payment
- Member maintenance
- Policy documents
- Life and Disability medical evidence and claims reports
- Employer disability claim statement
- Claims submission3
3 Not available for Dental or Vision insurance.