City of Los Angeles
Group Insurance Benefits From The Standard
Protect yourself from the unexpected. Use this site to learn more about your coverage.
Learn how Long Term Disability insurance provides income when you cannot work because of a covered illness or injury.
Life insurance is a practical gift that you can give to your family. Learn more about how your coverage works.
We provide eligible employees with a Basic Life insurance benefit as well as a base Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability insurance through Standard Insurance Company (The Standard). During the enrollment period, or after a qualifying life event, you may increase your coverage by purchasing Additional Life and AD&D coverage or Disability Buy-up options.
As a leading provider of employee benefits products and services, The Standard has the experience and expertise required to be there for you when you need us most.
Group Life and AD&D Insurance
Apply for the right amount of protection for you and your family at very competitive group rates.
Group Disability Insurance
Disability insurance helps you meet your financial commitments in the event of a covered illness or injury.
- Basic Life Benefits at a Glance
- LTD Benefits at a Glance
- STD Benefits at a Glance
- Additional/Dependent Life Coverage Highlights
- LTD Buy-up Coverage Highlights
- STD Buy-up Coverage Highlights
- Voluntary/Dependent AD&D Coverage Highlights
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Evidence of Insurability
- True Portability and Conversion
- Voluntary AD&D Portability
- Life Insurance Certificate
- STD Insurance Certificate
- LTD Insurance Certificate
- Group AD&D Insurance Certificate
Electronic Evidence of Insurability (EEOI)/Medical History Statements
Filing a Claim
- Accelerated Benefit Claim Packet
- Accidental Dismemberment Claim Packet
- FAQ-LTD Telephonic Claim
- FAQ-STD Telephonic Claim
- Life Claim Packet
- Disability Claim - Employee Portion
- Disability Claim - Employer Portion
- Standalone Voluntary AD&D Portability Form
- Group Life Portability Insurance Application
- Request for Group Life Conversion Materials
To enroll, please log in to the enrollment site within 60 days of your date of hire.
All Other Employees
All other employees may enroll during the Annual Enrollment Period or within 30 days of a Family Status Change. To enroll, please log in to the enrollment site.
If you are already insured under an existing Life insurance plan, you may increase your existing Life insurance coverage during annual enrollment up to a certain amount without providing medical Evidence Of Insurability.
Before enrolling, review the Benefit Summaries, by clicking the Forms and Documents tab above for answers to commonly asked questions, costs, exclusions, limitations and reductions.
Certificates of Insurance, which detail your coverage provisions, are also available via the Forms and Document link on the right side menu.