City of Los Angeles
Group Insurance Benefits From The Standard
We provide eligible employees with a Basic Life insurance benefit as well as a base Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability insurance through Standard Insurance Company (The Standard). During the enrollment period, or after a qualifying life event, you may increase your coverage by purchasing Additional Life and AD&D coverage or Disability Buy-up options.
As a leading provider of employee benefits products and services, The Standard has the experience and expertise required to be there for you when you need us most.
Group Life and AD&D Insurance
Apply for the right amount of protection for you and your family at very competitive group rates.
Group Disability Insurance
Disability insurance helps you meet your financial commitments in the event of a covered illness or injury.
- Basic Life Benefits at a Glance
- LTD Benefits at a Glance
- STD Benefits at a Glance
- Additional/Dependent Life Coverage Highlights
- LTD Buy-up Coverage Highlights
- STD Buy-up Coverage Highlights
- Voluntary/Dependent AD&D Coverage Highlights
- Evidence of Insurability
- Filing a Short Term Disability Claim
- Filing a Long Term Disability Claim
- Group Life Continuation - Portability and Conversion
- Voluntary/Dependent AD&D Continuation - Portability
- Life Insurance Certificate
- STD Insurance Certificate
- LTD Insurance Certificate
- Group AD&D Insurance Certificate
Electronic Evidence of Insurability (EEOI)/Medical History Statements
Filing a Claim
- Accelerated Benefit Claim Packet
- Accidental Dismemberment Claim Packet
- Life Claim Packet
- Life Claim Packet - Spanish
- Disability Claim Packet
- Waiver of Premium Claim Packet
- For Portability applications, please call your Employee Benefits Division at 213.978.1655.
- Request for Group Life Conversion Materials
To enroll, please log in to the enrollment site.
All Other Employees
All other employees may enroll during the Annual Enrollment Period or within 30 days of a Qualifying Life Event. To enroll, please log in to the enrollment site.
If you are already insured under an existing Life insurance plan, you may increase your existing Life insurance coverage during annual enrollment up to a certain amount without providing medical Evidence Of Insurability. Please see your Open Enrollment Guide for more detail.
Before enrolling, review the Benefit Summaries, by clicking the Forms and Documents tab above for answers to commonly asked questions, costs, exclusions, limitations and reductions.
Certificates of Insurance, which detail your coverage provisions, are also available via the Forms and Document link on the right side menu.
The Standard is a marketing name for StanCorp Financial Group, Inc., and subsidiaries. Insurance products are offered by Standard Insurance Company of 1100 SW Sixth Avenue, Portland, Oregon, in all states except New York, where insurance products are offered by The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York of 360 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 210, White Plains, New York. Product features and availability vary by state and company and are solely the responsibility of each subsidiary. Each company is solely responsible for its own financial condition. Standard Insurance Company is licensed to solicit insurance business in all states except New York. The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York is licensed to solicit insurance business in only the state of New York.