The Standard's benefits go far beyond competitive paid time off, 401(k) matches and medical options. They also put a premium on our well-being. Access to child care and mental health care for me and my family at no extra cost was very appreciated in this past year during a really difficult time.
Careers Built on Trust
Joining The Standard means being part of an environment where the way we personally connect with and support our customers translates into a culture of respect.
It's a genuinely collaborative atmosphere where you're inspired to do your best — every day. From developing yourself and your career, to delivering what matters to our company and our communities, you'll find working with us isn't like working anywhere else.
Benefits at The Standard
As a leading provider of group insurance solutions and financial services, we know what it takes for our clients to attract and retain good employees, so we made sure we took our own advice about employee benefits.
We've taken care to go beyond the basics. We know that happy, healthy people make for great employees, so we offer a broad menu of options so employees can choose the coverage that suits their lives.
The Standard offers a competitive package of benefits to support employee wellness both on and off the job. Benefits and perks include:
Health and Wellness
- Comprehensive medical coverage through consumer-directed health plans, including an annual employer Health Savings Account contribution each January
- Dental and vision insurance
- Enhanced mental health support services
- Short term and long term disability insurance, life Insurance and supplemental insurance products (Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity insurance)
- Expert second medical opinion services
Finance and More
- Annual incentive bonus plans linked to company and individual performance
- Matching contribution to your 401(k) — no vesting required
- $400 home equipment allowance for remote workers
- Financial wellness support through LifeCents
- Transit pass subsidy, pre-tax parking benefit and bike garage
- Tuition assistance
- $5,000 adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Dependent Care Assistance Plan
- Subsidized back-up childcare
- Generous PTO accrual
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Wellness days each year
- 20 days of pandemic leave (2021)
- Paid volunteer hours
- Double match on your contributions to eligible nonprofits during annual Employee Giving Campaign
- Eight Employee Resource Groups
Manager, Absence Management Team, The Standard
Work Where You Live
The Standard is committed to supporting a remote workforce. While we're based in Portland, Oregon, many of our roles can be worked from anywhere in the U.S.
We support you with a remote new hire package including a laptop, two monitors, a docking station, keyboard, mouse and headset. Plus we give you $400 to round that out with a desk, comfy office chair or whatever else you need to get set up for success in your new role.
That's not all. Our leaders are committed to managing the transition to a remote and hybrid workforce. And we're supporting them with leader resources and a series of learning opportunities ranging from building team culture, to coaching and recognition, development and more.
Our transition to working remotely has been supported at every level from the CEO on down. We're given a generous allowance to outfit our home offices. And, we're encouraged to establish work schedules that allow us to meet customer needs while still taking care of ourselves and our families. I really can't think of anywhere else I would rather work.
Vocational Case Manager, The Standard
Diversity and Inclusion
Our culture is a reflection of the people who choose to work here and our strong shared values. The Standard is committed to an open and inclusive culture that welcomes ideas and perspectives from every employee.
See how we strive to encourage and support diversity and inclusion.
- For more than 110 years, our company and our employees have supported the communities where we live and work.
- The Standard matches employee donations to eligible schools and nonprofits and provides paid time off annually to volunteer.
- The Standard offers nonprofit board training for interested employees and expects officers of the company to serve on at least one school or nonprofit board.
- 2020 Employee Giving Campaign results:
- Current and retired employees raised $5.9 million (including 2-for-1 match from The Standard and Meiji Yasuda).
- Pledges benefitted more than 2,200 schools and nonprofit organizations.
- 2,042 employees participated.
See Community for more details about our community involvement.
The Standard is aware of an individual(s) posing as a company recruiter who is extending phony job offers using email. The “recruiter” is asking those offered a job to share personal and financial information in order to set up a direct-deposit account. The Standard has no affiliation with the individuals perpetrating this fraudulent activity. If you receive such a job offer or similar solicitation, we advise you to neither respond to nor provide any information to the sender.