Help Your Clients Select the Right Residual Coverage
Not all disabilities are total disabilities.
Some illnesses or injuries may be partial disabilities, leaving clients unable to work full time, perform their regular occupations or earn the same level of income. That’s why we recommend that your clients add a residual disability rider to their individual disability policy.
Having residual disability coverage can give policyowners peace of mind, knowing they can return to work while still having disability coverage and benefits.
Which Residual Disability Rider is a Fit For Your Client?
With Platinum Advantage Individual Disability Insurance, your clients can choose from three levels of residual disability coverage.
Short-Term Residual Disability Rider
- Available for occupation classes 2A, 2P, A and B.
- Includes guaranteed benefit of 50% of the basic monthly benefit up to 6 months.
- Benefits based on loss of income of 20% or more and a loss of either time or duties during and after the benefit waiting period
Basic Disability Rider
- All Occupation Classes except A and B
- Includes a guaranteed benefit of at least 50% of the basic monthly benefit for the first 6 months. After six months, benefits paid may be more or less than 50%, depending on loss of income.
- Determined by a loss of income and a loss of either time or duties
- Recovery benefits paid if policyowner returns to the same occupation and has a loss of at least 20% income due solely to the same disability.
Enhanced Residual Disability Rider
- All occupation classes 3A, 3P and higher.
- Benefits include guarantee of at least 50% of the basic monthly benefit for the first 12 months. After 12 months, benefits paid may be more or less than 50%, depending on the loss of income.
- Determined by a loss of time or duties or income during the benefit waiting period.
- After the benefit waiting period, the policyowner is considered residually disabled if working in regular or any other occupation and experiences a loss of income.
- Recovery benefits can be paid if policyowner returns to work in their own or other occupation and has at least 20% income loss due solely to the same disability.
For more information about Platinum Advantage Residual Disability Riders, visit our Residual Disability Riders online toolkit.
For Producers Only