Did you know?
This past summer The Standard made several announcements in its DI NEWS emails. Not receiving these announcements? Please ask your MGA to forward them to you.
- New Issue & Participation Limits for The Protector+ and The Protector disability income insurance as noted in the table below.
- The Standard increased the maximum monthly benefit for many Students and New Professionals. See Reference Product Guide (form 9251REF).
- Flexible policy dating at delivery for all products in The Protector SeriesSM disability income insurance was approved by all states, except CA, at time of writing.
- Multi-Life discounts for select contract (1099) employees who share a common worksite address, as supported by documentation. Multi-life discounts are not available to medical residents and students. See Reference Product Guide (form 9251REF).
- Increases to the amounts for which business owners may qualify under the Earned Income Enhancer from $1,000 to $2,000. See Reference Product Guide (form 9251REF) and the Business Owner Rewards Flyer (form 12232).
- Send Policy Delivery Requirements via email or fax. Examples are: policy delivery requirement documents like policy acceptances, exclusions, limitations, EFT forms and voided checks. These options do not apply to application or underwriting requirements. Please keep the original paper documents until the policies are placed in force. Send new business policy delivery requirements to your Customer Management Specialist. FPO increases may be emailed to your Customer Management Specialist at The Standard.
- Updated application packets. For states that require a Replacement of Coverage form, the form is now included in the IDI application packet.
In addition, the One Time Debit Authorization form has been combined with the Electronic Funds Transfer form to make the new Authorization for One-Time and/or Recurring Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) (form 1804IDI) and included in all IDI application packets. This means one less form for you to remember and your customers no longer have to write a paper check. The new applications are available online.
- Changes to requirements for individuals working from home. The percentage of time that individuals must spend at home working in order to qualify under Self-Employed Working in Home, has been changed from 60% to 75%. See Reference Product Guide (form 9251REF).
- All this information and more is available on our website.