Interested in writing Guarantee Issue cases?
If you are interested in the lucrative guarantee issue individual disability insurance (GI IDI) market, The Standard offers a comprehensive package of individual disability income insurance that works well with group long term disability insurance and maximizes the features and flexibility of both types of disability insurance.
GI IDI plan design and administration is described in detail in the brochure Overview for Employers (form 13096). If you have questions about plan design, the GI team at The Standard can assist you.
Do you have a good GI candidate?
From an underwriting perspective, the ideal GI IDI case has:
- employees with incomes of $50,000+ a year with bonuses,
- commissions or other incentive compensation,
- an employer-paid group LTD plan in place providing 40-60% income replacement with a monthly maximum benefit of $3,000 to $10,000 covering base salary only,
- a segment of employees that may be underinsured by a group LTD plan,
- a company with a strong sense of obligation to its employees,
- a mix of both genders, and
- an average employee age of less than 50.
If you have developed a relationship with a company that may fit the bill, please contact the GI team at The Standard to get the ball rolling. It is important to have experienced resources at your side when you are going out on a big case.
Make a good impression
The Standard has materials that will help you make a good impression. We recommend you start by ordering Presentation Folders (form 13069), for your papers. Then consider including the Employer GI Brochure (form 13023), for the decision makers and Employee GI Flyer (form 12480) as an example of what you might share with employees.
Would you like to learn more about GI IDI?
If you are relatively new to GI IDI, The Standard has two presentations that may interest you: How to Spot a Guarantee Issue Case (form 13409PPT) and The Perfect GI Case (form 13440PPT). You can browse, download or order The Standard’s GI IDI producer resources from our website.