Help Your Clients: Have More Voluntary Enrollment Success
Enrollment season is upon us! You can help the HR directors you work with increase enrollment in voluntary benefits by promoting the advantages of mandatory enrollment meetings. When a group has contributory coverage, relying on a passive or self-enrollment process is simply not effective. Based on our experience, these methods average less than 15 percent participation rates.
When the employer makes enrollment meetings mandatory, it sends a message to employees to take the meetings seriously. And when employees receive an effective presentation and one-on-one time, they’re in a better position to choose the best benefits for their needs and families.
Here are more tips on how you can help your clients boost enrollment:
- Prepare For Partnership – help prepare new groups for partnership with The Standard
- Make It Easy – assist in gathering the paperwork necessary for the new business submission and utilization of electronic enrollment tool (eight to twelve weeks prior to effective date)
- Keep It Timely – support the enrollment communication timeline execution (starting 10 weeks prior to effective date)
- Communicate Effectively – support the communication strategy The Standard creates specifically for the group and emphasize timely delivery in the format the audience prefers, paper, electronic or both
- Promote In Force Meetings – encourage in force group meetings, even when no benefit changes have taken place, to help educate employees about their benefits, especially MedEx® Travel Assist and/or EAP
- Make the Employer Look Good – emphasize how the Employer considered ways to improve employees’ options, lower costs and enhance the benefit package
The Standard’s team is committed to making you look good, too. We’ll coordinate with you to make sure every event goes smoothly and meets employer expectations.