The Standard's EAP Offering:
More Advantages To Sell
What elevates an employee assistance program (EAP) from a price of entry offering into a real selling point? The Standard's EAP offering, automatically included with our Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD) product, is a great example*. It offers benefits that go far beyond crisis management or performance issues at work.
The EAP is available to LTD covered employees and their spouse, domestic partner, children to age 26 and/or members of the same household. It represents a significant cost savings over an EAP purchased separately.
Competitive features that make our EAP a valuable sales tool include:
- Unlimited Telephonic Consultation – for issues ranging from job stress to family and financial problems and more
- Face To-Face Consultations For Unlimited Issues – unlike EAP's that only offer a specified number of sessions per year, our plan includes three face-to-face sessions per issue (or six sessions with buy-up model), when the employee is referred to a Horizon Health network counselor
- Identity Theft Consultation – includes one 60-minute telephone consultation with a trained Fraud Resolution SpecialistTM and an ID Theft Emergency Response KitTM after member's ID is stolen
- Work Life Services – save individuals time by providing referrals for issues including child care, elder care and pet care, education, adoption, daily living and travel
- HorizonCareLinkSM Website – tools include self-assessments, videos and healthy lifestyle guidance
- Legal Services – includes one 30-minute consultation with an attorney per issue, unlimited phone access to legal resources, referrals and a 25 percent discount on attorney fees
- Financial Services – includes one 30-minute phone consultation with a CPA or financial consultant per issue, and assistance with debt management and financial planning
- Free Online Will Preparation – allows a member to complete and store a simple will online, as well as estate planning documents, including a Final Arrangements Memorandum, Living Will and Power of Attorney
- Utilization Reports – access to annual summary level utilization reports (quarterly for six-session buy-up plan) that can help facilitate HR planning and policies
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) – unlimited number of on-site requests to provide group support for members witnessing a workplace accident, death or other workplace trauma (the first 10 hours per incident are at no cost)
- Management Consultation Services – unlimited 24/7 phone consultation to address human resource matters, regulatory requirements, troubled employees, productivity issues and stressful incidents
- Policy consultation – consultation on workplace policies that involve behavioral health issues, such as drug free workplace policies, zero tolerance harassment/violence policies and EAP policies dealing with mandatory referrals.
- Additional Fee-for-Service Options – including reduction in force, grief groups, employee orientation meetings, trainings and Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) services
With so many services and benefits included, The Standard's EAP can assist you in closing more sales or contacting new prospects for LTD. We even offer employee brochures in Spanish. For more details contact the Employee Benefits Sales and Service office for your area for answers to any questions.
*For groups with fewer than 2,500 lives.
EAP service is provided through an arrangement with Horizon Behavioral Services, Inc., which is not affiliated with The Standard. EAP is not an insurance product.